I was listening to a money management show on talk radio one time, and the host said to make a budget for the month, and then put all the money you will spend into cash and put the cash into envelopes based on what it's alloted for. Then only spend money out of the envelopes, according to what you are buying. I've never tried it, but he made it sound really good.
7 Comments:
Spend less than you make. Aunt Teresa
Good point.
I was listening to a money management show on talk radio one time, and the host said to make a budget for the month, and then put all the money you will spend into cash and put the cash into envelopes based on what it's alloted for. Then only spend money out of the envelopes, according to what you are buying. I've never tried it, but he made it sound really good.
Thanks, Janet. That's similar to what I'm planning!
i use the software "microsoft money" and it has been pretty valuable for setting up a budget, etc.
Thanks, Peter!
Hi, Ingrid.
I use Quicken. Every time I get a bank statement, I reconcile with Quicken. Quicken will print out all sorts of reports for you.
JTA
Post a Comment
<< Home