and Elkins Avenue! Photo blog for Ingrid's Family and Friends
Monday, October 03, 2005
Softball! #2
We won a close softball game Sunday, 13-12 after losing a significant lead. It all came down to the last play...here's a shot of the nursery that springs up behind our dugout every game, our Minor League.
What a crazy game. We were up 12-2 in the third inning, I think. Very stressful. Apparently, I get boss-y when I get stressed. Or at least Ingrid thinks so. She apparently gets sensitive to having other people tell her what to do. But anyway, happy ending for all--except the other team.
Well, truth be told, other people think I can be bossy too. I was playing this war game with Meaghan's brothers one time, who are quite difficult to play with, especially Greg who likes to try to cheat, and I kept trying to explain the rules to them, but they were just not listening. Meaghan's little nephew, Matthew, came up to Greg and said "When you're done playing this game with Bossy Jon, can you play with me?" And no one had even used the work bossy yet!
3 Comments:
What a crazy game. We were up 12-2 in the third inning, I think. Very stressful. Apparently, I get boss-y when I get stressed. Or at least Ingrid thinks so. She apparently gets sensitive to having other people tell her what to do. But anyway, happy ending for all--except the other team.
Ha ha. Sorry I called you bossy. Well, I'm not really sorry but I hope you didn't take offense.
Well, truth be told, other people think I can be bossy too. I was playing this war game with Meaghan's brothers one time, who are quite difficult to play with, especially Greg who likes to try to cheat, and I kept trying to explain the rules to them, but they were just not listening. Meaghan's little nephew, Matthew, came up to Greg and said "When you're done playing this game with Bossy Jon, can you play with me?" And no one had even used the work bossy yet!
Post a Comment
<< Home