Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Native Georgia flowering plants



Dad sends in these photos. My parents just had some landscaping done with native plants, and these species are flowering. Since they aren't Leavenworthia, I have no idea which species they are--identifications, anyone? Any of you botanists out there?

6 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Anemonella said...

I know the yellow ones! The top one looks like celandine poppy- it will be blooming next month, probably, at Cedar Bluffs outside of Bloomington. I think the other one is a groundsel (but its genus name, Senecio, is more fun to say).

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Daniela said...

Oh good, I was going to say celandine poppy for the top one, but Janet a much more reliable botanical source! I do love celandine poppies. Isn't groundsel a terrible name? Am very sad that Janet will not be here for the annual spring wildflower walk!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Thanks, Janet and Daniela!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Daniela said...

oh goodness, don't thank me...all i did was add a goofy comment, typical! ;)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Jessie and Jenny said...

And the blue one in the lower right looks like a Phlox. Lovely!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Wow, it looks like Jessie and Jenny really learned some stuff by hanging out in the garden with Lynda! Thanks, you smart kittens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home