Peavine Creek String Band CD
My parents put me through college so its the least I can do to shill for my dad's new CD. Buy this CD now!

I found this musical biography of Dad on the Peavine Creek String Band website interesting:
"John Anderson began playing the clarinet in 5th grade and studied seriously through high school. He played for two years in the University of Minnesota marching band. John began playing harmonica and later guitar during the 1960's folk music revival. He has played 5 string banjo since 1972 and 4 string plectrum banjo since 1987. John was a founding member of Peavine Creek String Band, which was named after the stream flowing through his backyard. In addition to Peavine Creek, John plays bass clarinet in the Callanwolde Concert Band and clarinet, plectrum banjo and harmonica with the Dots, a polka band. He enjoys playing chord melody style on tenor ukulele and customizing harmonicas."
Click here to listen to some tunes (link on left).


2 Comments:
Thanks for posting, Ingrid. I've got a few extra copies of the CD and will be sending out to family members.
Oh - sure - I didn't see John's comment before I ordered my own copy.... oh well, I have it already - pretty cool.
Post a Comment
<< Home