The Dis'
I finally got the bound copies of my dissertation, six months after I graduated! While my thesis was not a terribly long one, it looks even more petite because it was printed on double sided pages, while the convention is single sided...as seen here in the context of Dr. Herlihy's thesis. One copy goes to my advisor, one I will send home to reside next to my dad's thesis, and the last one is in my office.


4 Comments:
Very exciting indeed! Now when will it show up on Amazon.com so I can write a review of it?!
I will be proud to bring it home and put it up on the shelf so I can brag to everyone who comes in about my accomplished daughter. Love, Mom
YAY Ingrid!!!
@John, I went to festival of the ukelele in Viana do Castelo in Northern Portugal. Many groups played, several of them with 10+ ukeleles! It was very cool and I thought of you and your ukelele playing and preaching of the wonders of the ukelele. I guess it's pretty big in Portugal!
Ukuleles originated in Portugal.
A sailing vessel with Portugese immigrants arrived in Hawaii in 1879 and one guy was so relieved to be off the ship he started playing his ukulele-like braguinha on the dock. The Hawaiians were so intrigued that several of the people from that ship began making instruments for them, named ukulele or jumping flea by the Hawaiians. Anyway, that's the legend
Post a Comment
<< Home