Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Thanksgiving, part one

Chris and I are road-trippin' it up to Canada starting this evening for Canadian Thanksgiving. We are planning to go to Montreal and Toronto, should be fun. I promise to take more photos than Mae and Mom did in London! It's strange to celebrate Thanksgiving on a day other than Thursday, crazy Canadians...

7 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Daniela said...

wait, so what day is it on, friday?

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Ingrid said...

It's on Monday, but we are celebrating it on Saturday. We are going to Montreal first, though...

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Bon voyage! I'll expect a full Canadian beer review upon your return, if you manage to drink some beer in between all the wine....

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Just did some quick research, since I don't know how much Chris has kept up with the Canadian beer scene... But it sounds like the place to go for good beer in Montreal is here.

This also sounds like a nice place for good food and also apparently a great selection of local beers, located in the old city. (Can you tell I'm jealous that you're going to Montreal?)

Then in Toronto (Chris may know these places), this place apparently serves only Ontario craft-brewed beer, including their own and others'-- nice!

This sounds like a very nice Toronto bar too... Sorry if this is all tiresome or redundant.. like I said, I'm jealous!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Jonathan D. Jacobs said...

So you're stopping by the Twin Cities on the way up, right? No? Ok, whatever. Have fun or something...

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Sorry, Jon! We would if we could! Eric, thanks for all the info, not tiresome or redundant at all, very awesome. I printed out all the info and will definitely use my feminine wiles to make sure we go to some of the places! Thanks for the advice!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

p.s. I should probably be reading some good Can Lit on the trip, since they have so much of it, but instead I'm bringing 'Moby Dick.' Wish me luck with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home