Winding Down
My summer/fall project data collection is winding down, now I'm moving into the data entry and analysis phase. I have to prepare some data for lab meeting in a couple of weeks, so I feel like I have more of a desk job now. Which is good because I like my sunny desk...Hey Mom and Mae, how is London???


5 Comments:
I agree with Meaghan!
Thanks for all the empathy, you guys! I know you've been through it all, too...maybe you can help me with some of this data analysis now. Just kidding.
I'll tell you what--let's switch! I'll do your data analysis if you write up a chapter that provides a theory of modality and counterfactuals in terms of causal powers. No? Ok, fine...
I'm not sure what the equivalent to an empty greenhouse would be in philosophy. Perhaps a pile of papers finally read? Maybe a flash of an idea for a paper, cause while you have the idea, you then have to go sit down and work it all out and relate it to the existing literature. If that's the equivalent, I think I'll stick with philosophy. I'd much rather sit around waiting for a flash of brilliance than do data collection in the green house.
Well, I'm not sure what the analogy is, but biologists also have epiphanies '[and] then have to go sit down and work it all out and relate it to the existing literature.' Of course, I've never had an epiphany, but I hear that others have...
Commenting from Cambridge where everything is green and beautiful. I am proud of all your work, Ingrid. Love you, Mum
Post a Comment
<< Home