Carrots
Chris got us started with a CSA box last fall after we were inspired by Mae's CSA box. We haven't gotten many turnips, which Mae claimed was her favorite treat, but we have been inundated with carrots. Carrots have never been my favorite vegetable, but after this weekend I have a new appreciation for their flavor. First, we tried them shredded in an Asian style noodle salad on Saturday, and the carrot flavor was definitely a big player in that delicious dish. Today, Chris labored over the stove and the chopping block to produce a delicious carrot cake, made solely with the intention of annihilating our huge pile of carrots (the photo below is the drastically reduced carrot pile) and buying new carrot-shredding gadgets. I have come to accept the fact that carrots make an excellent sweetener of different types of dishes--thank you, CSA box!


4 Comments:
yummmm!
i mean,what's up doc?
Good one.
I'm so glad you have come to appreciate carrots, Ingrid. But be careful! If you eat too many your toes and fingers will turn orange. Of course you will have really good eyesight to detect this.
Post a Comment
<< Home