Nashville Weekend
Chris and I spent this Saturday afternoon in Nashville, not too far away from where I work. First we went to the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. My first visit to Cheekwood happened when I was sixteen, on an epic cross-country journey from St. Paul to Nashville with my aunt, uncle and cousins-a trip which also included my first visit to Carleton (thanks to my prescient aunt Teresa, who somehow managed to foreshadow both my college career and Nashville move in one trip).
In the background is the Cheekwood Mansion which houses an art museum.
This weekend admission to Cheekwood was free which motivated us to visit.
Our next stop was the Yazoo Brewing Company, just a few minutes away. Coincidentally, our neighbor at the next table was wearing a Bean Blossom t-shirt. He actually was from Bean Blossom, Indiana, and recognized the Upland Brewing Company Hat that Chris was wearing and we spent a nice few minutes reminiscing about Bloomington.
Also coincidentally, Yazoo had a special brew out called "Firefly" (similar to our favorite Upland I.P.A "Dragonfly"). However, it was not as good as our favorite Dragonfly or Yazoo's Hop Project #12, which we also sampled at Yazoo. I think I convinced Chris to move to Nashville during our trip-I'll keep you posted!


5 Comments:
looks like a fun saturday! jealous of your weather!
I remember that trip -- summer of 1993, when we saw Garth Brooks and Alison Krause at the Opry...
Glad to see you enjoying the city.
Dad-Wow, I totally didn't remember seeing Garth Brooks until you wrote your comment! Plus I had no idea the main show was Alison Krause.
Jorge-you guys should come visit sometime and see some country music live!
We'll definitely visit, Ingrid. Thanks. It may be a while before we can make it. You're welcome to visit us any time.
Post a Comment
<< Home