Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Year at my Job

Labor Day Weekend will be the one-year mark for me at my job. I have learned so much about cancer and clinical trials and I have been challenged every day-it has really been an amazing experience. The NYTimes has had a ton of well written articles about cancer research and therapies and related topics, so I picked out a few to link to that I found have found interesting in the past few months. The last article is from the Tennessean and is about one of the trials I help manage - they interviewed my co-worker for information about the trial.

Considering Longer Chemotherapy - NYTimes

Genetic Tests May Reveal Source of Mystery Tumors - NYTimes

Ill Patients Forced to Pay for Cancer Pills - NYTimes

Gallatin cancer patient in drug study has new hope - The Tennessean

UPDATE

Of note, a couple of NYTimes articles have come out this week about Ted Kennedy that I think are interesting, here are the links...

Gina Kolata always writes well about this subject: Kennedy Case Shows Progress and Obstacles In Cancer Fight.

Frankly, there's limited data (and treatment options) available for glioblastomas. There was no gunman in the shadows, there was only an MRI."

3 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger John E. said...

Congratulations, Ingrid, on your first year as a clinical trial manager. You're doing important work.

Dad

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Lynda S said...

I want to say congratulations, too! I am very proud of the transition you have made from student to researcher. You're making an important contribution.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Thanks,Mom and Dad! To be fair, I think the transition is more like "researcher to data manager." Two more articles came out this week that I think are of interest- I'm going to update this post with those links.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home