Holidays are Here!
The holidays are here! In the spirit of the season, Mom will be playing music once again for the play of Herod in December in Atlanta. Both Mom and Dad always have a busy Christmas music season, and this is a highlight. I hope to make it down for a performance this year.
"The Play of Herod is one of a group of remarkable liturgical dramas, found in a Benedictine monastery in France, which are among the earliest dramatic works in the Christian era. In the Camerata Theatre production, the world of Herod is dreamlike, shadowy, and stark. The Christmas story unfolds in a medieval ceremony of simple gestures and ancient, haunting melodies. It is a tale of awestruck shepherds, kings from afar come to worship a baby, a King Herod clinging to power, the bloody slaughter of children. The Play of Herod is sung in Latin, with English translations projected above the action. A consort of viols, recorders, krumm horn, hurdy-gurdy, and percussion accompanies the singers."



2 Comments:
sad i have to miss it every year. it will be great!
Thanks for posting, Ingrid. It really is a unique event and I hope you do get to see it again. I enjoy it every year even though I have seen it many, many times.
Post a Comment
<< Home