and Elkins Avenue! Photo blog for Ingrid's Family and Friends
Friday, January 29, 2010
RIP tulip poplar
The giant tulip popular that shaded our house is gone. It was quite a project for the expert tree removers who worked all day on it Tuesday. The stump showed that it was hollow at the bottom, so it's a relief to get take care of, but a little sad, too.
We really couldn't see the rings because of the way it was cut. Also, it was a double-truck tree so I'm not sure how to tell the age. I'm sorry it had to go but it was for safety sake.
2 Comments:
Wow! Did you count the rings?
We really couldn't see the rings because of the way it was cut. Also, it was a double-truck tree so I'm not sure how to tell the age. I'm sorry it had to go but it was for safety sake.
Post a Comment
<< Home