Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Evening Kayaking

Thanks to the newfangled "Daylight Savings Time" deal that Indiana recently adopted, thirty years behind the rest of the country, there is plenty of light to go kayaking after work! Chris and I went yesterday evening to Yellowwood State Forest, where there is a great lake to practice. I went around in circles a lot but it was really fun, and I plan to go a lot more.

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Hmmm.. we love kayaking too, though I'm afraid we have no wisdom to offer on how to avoid going 'round in circles. We've always done tandem kayaking, which adds to the fun of circling, since there's also the fun of deciding who's to blame for the misnavigation!

But you can do some very fun kayaking when you're in Maine in August...

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Ingrid said...

I know, I can't wait to kayaking in Maine! Janet has already suggested that we do some sea kayaking...Tandem kayaking sounds like 'outward bound' couples therapy!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger patsy ganelda said...

one time your mother and i went canoeing at Hell Michigan river. your mom did real good with her oars but i didn't do very well. we just remember laughing alot and not getting anywhere. aunt patsy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home