Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bike ride!


Today I rode my bike into work for the first time ever!! It is a beautiful route along the Hudson River that I practiced riding once with mom. I left my house at 5:15 and was at work by six. It's about 7-8 miles, really flat. Unfortunately the indoor bike racks I was counting on weren't open yet, but there were plenty of bike racks by the front of the building. It was great and I hope to do it more often. This picture isn't me...but you get the idea! This follows taking a free yoga class in the park yesterday. Yay summer!

5 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Wow, that's great, Mae! Do you have to get a key or something for the indor bike rack? It would be too bad if they discriminate against the early shifters that way. See you tomorrow!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Hooray for bikes! The only way to commute!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger John E. said...

Hey Mae,
Way to go. I'm proud of you. Now just be careful out there.

Dad

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger John E. said...

Lynda said:
Good job, Maisie. It must have been really beautiful early in the morning. I'm glad we got to ride it together. Now I can picture you heading down the trail. Have fun with Ingrid. Mom

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger patsy ganelda said...

that is a great way to get to work and good exercise. it's funny because christian was just mentioning getting a bike to ride to work. ya'll must be related!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home