A look back before starting the house hunt in Nashville
Chris and I are starting the house hunt for our first house this month, and I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the places we have lived. We started living together the year after we started dating in 2006 and we have managed to rack up three very memorable places in three cities across two states over the past 7 years.
Chris found this 1970s townhome in Bloomington and we loved the big screened in back porch, the huge windows, and the deck. We had a bunch of cool plants from the Bloomington greenhouse including a chocolate tree, and they thrived in the big room with the huge window - I still miss that window. We have slowly been killing off our plant collection ever since.
When Chris got his job at MTSU we moved to Tennessee. Murfreesboro was a tricky market, and we finally found a cute house in a little subdivision after our car stalled in front of it when we were looking for houses. The neighbors helped us get the car started again and we decided to sign the lease on this place.
It was a cute house and it was fun starting our working lives there. I got up every morning at 5:30 and made the commute to Nashville. The drive home was long, sometimes it could take an hour and a half with traffic. Chris worked a lot of late nights writing his lectures for the first time, and he had the perfect little office to work in.
It turned out I only had to do the commute for a year. In April 2009, a tornado came through and destroyed half the subdivision, so the car stalling in front of the house no longer seemed like it was a sign. We were thinking about moving anyway, and that sealed the deal. Two months later we moved to Nashville.
Chris found our 1928 bungalow in walking distance of my first job and my second job in Nashville. The bush was flowering outside when we moved in July 2009, and I always think of when we moved in when it flowers every July.
I love the house in the fall too, the maple tree outside is always very pretty. We love the back deck, the hardwood floors, the red front door, the fireplace and the character of the bungalow.






2 Comments:
good luck with the next stage of house hunting!!
What a great idea, Ingrid. I loved seeing all of the houses that you and Chris have shared. I especially like the Bloomington town house with it's nice, woodsy views. I look forward to visiting you in your new house and know that it will be a wonderful place for the two of you to build a home.
Post a Comment
<< Home