Day 23: Back Porch time and Garden updates
I spent Saturday morning on the back porch with Mae before it got too hot (it reached 90 degrees around 11am). I hadn't seen the garden for awhile and it was nice to see all the changes. The sedum from Great Aunt Drusilla is bolting and about to flower. The prickly pear cactus has grown a new pad. All the containers and succulents are doing well.
Our crepe myrtle in the front yard is just beginning to flower. Many of the other ones in the neighborhood are in full flower so it is nice to see a few blooms on ours.




2 Comments:
On Saturday Jeremiah and I were out scoping out Campanulastrum populations. Pretty hot here in Bloomington that day too, but today is beautiful. Hope your bones are healing well.
LD
Sounds like a fun day of field work! I like that there is botanical continuity between parts of Indiana and the states south of it... Bone healing progress is slow but steady!
Post a Comment
<< Home