Friday, October 13, 2006

Back in the days of Maes



My name has almost the opposite peak as Ingrid's--I peaked in the late 19th century. Though I suspect that includes compound names like "Ida Mae."

But, as Ingrid said, wait til "Six Degrees" becomes a big hit, then there will be lots of Maes!

6 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

I like the names 'Icie' and 'Icy', also popular in the 1890s. Gotta love those i-names...

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger John E. said...

I just checked...It's been one long downward slide for "John" since the 1880s...

Dad

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

if you just put 'Mae' in as the beginning, you can see that 'Maeve' is making a comeback...

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Very interesting. I didn't realize that Norris was *ever* popular, but it was in the 1920s and 30s. And Liv just starts showing up in 2005. I was way behind or ahead of the curve in naming my kids!
Matt and Janelle won't tell us the gender of their baby, maybe because we are already so obnoxious about pushing our name choices.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Lynda S said...

I will have to check on Linda (Lynda) but it seems that it must have been big in the 40's because of the actress, Linda Darnell. I can't wait to find out the new baby Anderson's name.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Lynda S said...

I checked and I was right. The Linda peak was the 1940's It's really flatlined now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home