Turkey Trot
I've been doing some longer runs recently in preparation for the Atlanta Half-marathon on Thanksgiving day (I did it once before, in 2003). The weather has been cooler recently which means better running weather for me. I'm always surprised by things that I see when I'm out running for awhile--once I saw a herd of five deer in the middle of a woody part of a local subdivision right near the road. Another time half the sky was lit up purple from the sunset (its getting harder to get the runs in after work with Daylight Savings)...and yesterday I saw two military helicopters flying low, maybe on their way to entertain and recruit at the Michigan-Indiana football game yesterday, in which Indiana was trounced... I'm thinking about bringing a disposable camera to the half-marathon this time to record all the crazy things that happen. We run right under the Olympic rings at the end which is cool.What are some crazy things you've seen on your runs or bike rides?


3 Comments:
Well, I'm always noticing DEAD animals on the road when I'm riding my bike. It seems like one animal always has the "niche" of being dead on the road. Where we live, it's the possum. In south Georgia and Florida (where we were riding this weekend) its the armadillo, and in the UP of Michigan (where we were last summer), you see porcupines...
Speaking of dead things in the road, I saw (for the first time) 2 different buzzards eating carcasses (deer and armadillo) as we road by in Florida. They didn't seem to be bothered by our proximity and it sure was cool to see them close up. They're huge! MOM
eeeew. You think with all the rabbits in Bloomington that they would take over the road kill niche, but it's squirrels here. There's been a dead one on my route for a week now and I always have to jump over it. Eeeeew.
Post a Comment
<< Home