Sunday, March 02, 2008

Kentucky Road Trip

Chris and I went down to Kentucky this weekend for a road trip. We visited the Maker's Mark Distillery on the Bourbon Trail.

Chris got to dip his own bottle of bourbon into the trademark red wax.

We also visited the Bourbon Heritage Center, also on the Bourbon trail, and partook in some sophisticated bourbon tasting. We stayed in the historic town of Bardstown, and had the most perfect brunch ever at the cafe on the main street there, which I regret not taking a photo of!

Finally, we did some botanizing at the picturesque Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest, where one of the things they study is "what happens when poets talk to scientists" according to their visitor center. The photo here is the Canopy Tree Walk, which projects off the side of a hill into the canopy. We did try to find some Leavenworthia but all we found was the similar looking and common Cardamine.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Mae said...

wow, sounds like a really fun trip!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Lynda S said...

What a perfect, short road trip! Not everyone could figure out a way to combine booze and botany. I would love to visit the arboretum. Maybe you can take me there sometime.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Jorge said...

What fun. I'm glad you're enjoying the summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home