Saturday, July 19, 2008

A busy July

Jorge and Weena came to visit us last week and we went out for dinner at a nearby mexican restaurant with extraordinarily large drinks.


During their visit I got a call from the Sarah Cannon Research Institute inviting me out for an interview. It was fun to be able to celebrate getting an interview with Jorge and Weena. We all had a celebratory dinner of take-out thai food at the outdoor area of the Olivery Winery.

The past week has been extraordinarily busy and eventful. Chris and I drove down to Crossville, TN last weekend for Chris's annual family reunion. They are from West Virginia and Toronto but they rent cabins in different places every year for their reunion. I enjoyed spending time with Chris's family, but I spent most of Sunday preparing for my interview. Sunday night I drove into Nashville and stayed at a hotel across the street from the full-scale replica of the Parthenon near Vanderbilt. My interview was at 11:30 on Monday, and afterwards I drove back to Crossville. On Tuesday, Chris and I picked up the keys to our rented house in Murfreesboro and we had a nice lunch on the square there. Then I drove back to Bloomington Tuesday evening.

Work was really busy for the rest of the week, but on Thursday I found out that I got the job! My job title is Clinical Research Specialist and I will start September 1st. My current company, Baxter, is putting me up for the month of August because they wanted me to help train my replacement. I'm excited about the position at SCRI and I can't wait to start! I'm also a bit relieved to have all of my ducks in a row finally.

4 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Mae said...

everything sounds great. can't wait to come visit!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Congrats, Ingrid!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Thanks, Teresa. I'm looking forward to re-visiting some of the places we went to together back in 1993 or 1994 in Nashville, like the Cheekwood Art Museum and Botanical Garden!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Lynda S said...

Congratulations on all fronts, Ingrid. I'm relieved that you have your ducks in a row, too. I look forward to visiting you in Tenn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home