Sunday, September 21, 2008

Help me Race for the Cure

I've pretty much taken the past year off from running, initially because I gave myself a grade 2 sprain and subsequently because I went through a ton of life changes including changing states (I went from being an unemployed ex-postdoc with a sprained ankle, to a Technical Writer employed by an engineering contractor organization, to a Scientific Investigator at a drug manufacturing company, and finally to a Clinical Research Specialist in an Oncology Research Consortium in the space of ten months). Now that I've found some stability and meaningful employment, I'm ready to start running again, and I've joined the fund-raising team at the Sarah Cannon Research Institute for the 5K Race for the cure in Nashville on October 4th.

In the three weeks I've worked at the Consortium, I've already been overwhelmed by what the right treatment can accomplish for someone diagnosed with cancer. Breast cancer statistics are some of the most hopeful, and all women should be aware of the risk of breast cancer and how much early detection can benefit them. Below is a link to my fund-raising page and more information about the Komen Foundation.


(If you click on the link to my Team Page in my donation page, there is some more information about Sarah Cannon's role in Breast Cancer research.)

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Mae said...

Wow Ingrid, that does sound like a lot when you put it that way! :) i'm glad you're getting back into running & happy to be one of your donors

mae

 

Post a Comment

<< Home