Sunday, October 19, 2008

And I will bike 1,000 miles...


I did the "Tour de Bronx" ride today, a free ride that takes you through all the prettiest places in the Bronx, including Woodlawn Cemetery which is absolutely breathtaking. Especially right now because the leaves are just starting to turn. I am kicking myself that I didn't bring a camera! Anyway, it was a 40-mile ride, or 53 for me door-to-door. It was the second year I did it. Last year dad got me a computer for my bike that keeps track of how many miles you have gone, and at some point during the ride I reached 1,000 miles! Well it would be cooler if I had a picture of it being at 1,000, but here it is as it stands today! I probably won't be riding much more intil next spring because its getting cold, so I'm glad I was able to hit 1,000 when I did!

3 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Mae said...

wait, on second thought, dad bought me a headlight, i bought the cat's eye myself. but anyway...

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Mae. Glad you were able to do it again.

Dad

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Go Mae! That is totally awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home