Garden Update May 2014 #3: Roses, Strawberries and Containers
We first noticed some buds on our rose bush on May 4th, 2014. We didn't know what color they would be because we inherited the bush from the previous owner of the house.
It turns out they are a pretty coral color. They flowered on May 10th. There was a third rose hidden in the bush that we cut and put in a vase.
Just in time for Mother's Day!
I got some advice about container annuals from a friend of ours and we did some plant shopping today. These are plumosa fern, pilea, angelonia, lobelia, alyssum, dichondria, and a volunteer I found in the yard. The plumosa fern was my favorite but they only had one left. It is a fern that does well in full sun and I'm glad I was able to get at least one!
Our strawberries are coming along nicely!
Yum!


2 Comments:
How wonderful! Isn't gardening fun!
cool, roses and strawberries!!
Post a Comment
<< Home