Chihuly in the Conservatory with the Candlestick





The Dale Chihuly exhibit at the New York Botanical Gardens was a trip high-light. The exhibit hadn't opened yet, but they had finished most of the installations, and we got also to see part of the process of the installation.


4 Comments:
Cool! My cousin saw a similar installation a couple years ago in the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and I was jealous when I saw her pictures too. I guess Chihuly gets around.
How did you get into an exhibit that wasn't open yet? Did Mae have a press pass? Or did Ingrid say she had to check out the art for botanical accuracy?
Ha ha. Well, the installation was all over the Gardens so they couldn't really keep people from seeing them, but they couldn't charge us the seven extra dollars that the admission will be after they finish installing the exhibit, because it wasn't quite done. There was one wing in the conservatory that wasn't open, but we could still see the cool chandelier through the greenhouse windows.
That is so beautiful. I would love to see that someday.
Lynda says: I saw the Chihuly exhibit when it was at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. I think it was not quite as extensive as your pictures indicate but it was still striking and fun. Love, MOM
Post a Comment
<< Home