Brecht in the Park

I went to the closing night performance of Mother Courage and Her Children in Central Park on Sunday, thanks to the efforts of my friend Erica, who stood in line for three hours for free ticket vouchers.
We then had to wait almost 1 1/2 more hours to get the actual tickets right before the show. But we got in, and it was quite a performance. Meryl Streep and Kevin Kline were the stars.
It was a little freezing and the performance was a good three hours, but I'm glad I got to see it. It kind of marks the end of summer for me. Happy fall!


3 Comments:
That's cool that you made it to the last showing. How was the performance?
Click Here for a link to the New Yorker review/article about the play from last week's issue.
Mae, I think it is great that you were able to attend the performance. I think I saw this play when I was at UNCG many, many years ago. I remember being impressed by it. MOM
Post a Comment
<< Home