Dueling banjos

Yesterday Mae told me that a friend of ours from high school, Michael Daves, who became a musician, was playing backup for Steve Martin and Tony Trischka's dueling banjos on the Ellen show! Tony Trischka also has some songs with Bela Fleck on his new banjo CD, who I know about because Eric and Daniela used to talk about him a lot. I stayed home a little later to watch it this morning and took some photos! Very exciting.


3 Comments:
good shots! he is a long way from decatur!
That's so cool! You know someone famous! It must be amazing to play with those guys.
We heard an NPR segment about the CD, it was very funny. And Steve Martin wasn't even the funniest one. I knew that Trischka and Bela were great (of course) but I had no idea that Steve Martin played the banjo. In fact, until he started talking on the segment I wasn't convinced it was THAT Steve Martin!
Wow, that's cool. I was talking to Michael's mother a while ago and she said he was playing with Tony Trischka. I wasn't sure I heard her right, then I read an interview with Trischka in Banjo Newsletter where he mentioned Michael. Trischka is really one of the top "progressive" banjo players, and has been for many years.
Post a Comment
<< Home