Bike to the Georgia Capitol

Mom and I went with about 2000 cyclists to the annual "bike to the capitol" event -- the goal to show the state legislature what a large and important group bike riders are. Here is the group from Decatur heading down Dekalb Ave. toward downtown Atlanta. It was great having a police motorcycle escort so we could cruise through all the red lights.
Dad


3 Comments:
It was very exciting to be part of the great river of cyclists flowing toward the capitol building. I especially liked seeing the hipster driven one speed bikes. They remined me of Stevie's bike! The Lieutenant Governor spoke to us and several mayors, including Decatur's, had ridden in for the event. We also got free Chick-fil-A sandwiches.
That sounds like a lot of fun!
Yeah, those one-gear bikes are popular here too!
I am looking forward to getting back on my bike when it gets a little warmer
Post a Comment
<< Home