Leavenworthia Hunting in Kentucky
Happy Easter! Coincidentally, it's the time of year when the annual wildflower Leavenworthia, having hunkered down as a rosette over winter, begins to produce flower buds. Two years ago, at this time of year I showed my parents a population down in Tennessee of Leavenworthia stylosa. Yesterday Chris and I drove down the Louisville area to hunt for a populations of Leavenworthia exigua, var. lacinata in Kentucky. This variety only grows in Bullitt county in Kentucky. I bet the population will have flowers in the next week or two. Click on the photos below for a few more photos in the Flickr photoset.

Of course, we also visited the New Albanian Brewing company in Louisville and shopped at the Gap Outlet on the way back, so all in all, a great day trip!


2 Comments:
sounds like a fun trip!
Great picturs, Ingrid. It sounds like you made the most of your trip, science, beer, and shopping! I enjoyed the pictures from our Tennessee trip, too. We'll have to make another trip to Cedars of Lebanon State Park some day.
Post a Comment
<< Home