
I voted today after work, conveniently the polls were open until 6 pm. I vote at a little church that always seems to be staffed by senior citizens and has an odd combination of an indoor basketball hoop in front of large faux stained glass windows in the polling room. On the radio on the way there they were talking about how if you were still in the 50 foot chute at 6pm you would get to vote but if you were outside of that, you wouldn't be so lucky. This built up my expectations of long lines, but fortunately there were only four people there. This isn't to say that the turnout wasn't huge--apparently the 50 foot chute was full from 6am when the polls opened until noon. The results of the Indiana primary should be interesting...stay tuned!
2 Comments:
I am so glad that you voted, Ingrid. It's so important to always do that. I won't ask for whom you voted but let's hope that the process turns out for the best because we really need a change! See you soon.
Almost all election judges are elderly, Ingrid, because they have not been successful in recruiting young people to work a 16-hour day for minimum wage. That's one reason why my mother is still an election judge at 85--when she works the election this fall, it will be her 56th year!
Post a Comment
<< Home