Thursday, October 23, 2008

Running in October

I started this month with the 5k that I didn't train for, but I'm ending the month with a great new place to run that fits into my schedule well--Centennial Park, almost next door to where I work on the West End. The first time I went running there (on Tuesday) I regretted not running there for the past two months, as there is a great 1-mile running loop! It was so pretty, the sun was shining, the Canadian Canada geese were landing on the lake for the evening, the roses were blooming, the Parthenon was peeking through the weeping willows. Yes, the Parthenon. The sky was cloudier today but I took some photos anyway, click here or on the photo for the link.

5 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Lynda S said...

What a beautiful place. I would like to see if for myself someday. What a lovely place to exercise!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Mae said...

the park is so pretty!!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger michelle said...

they might be Canada geese, but I'm pretty sure they're not Canadian. :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger John E. said...

It's in a lot better shape than the real Parthenon...

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Ha ha. You'd think my Canadian boyfriend would have alerted me to the incorrect usage of the country as an adjective before making an international faux pas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home