Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Days in Nashville

Chris and I made a goal to do more things in Nashville since we live right downtown, and also (conversely) to go to more state parks, and here are the results. In early June, we went to a wine tasting as part of the Taste of Nashville-Chris bought the tickets as part of my birthday present. Here is Chris with the wine tasting event in the background.
HCA (which owns part of the company I work for) helped us out by letting me win tickets to multiple downtown Nashville events. I won tickets to the CMA festival in downtown Nashville (that's the Country Music Association for those who don't know). We saw Martina McBride, the Zac Brown Band, and Rascal Flatts among others.

I also won tickets to a jazz event on the Shelby Street pedestrian bridge the next weekend. Here is a lovely view from the bridge downtown.

We decided we were on a roll, so after the Shelby Street Bridge event, we went to see Chihuly Nights, a night-time viewing of the glass sculptures by Dale Chihuly currently at the Cheekwood Botanical Garden.

After that, Chris went to the Evolution Meetings in Portland and I headed to Atlanta to run the Peachtree Road Race.

Chris and I reunited and finally went to a State Park this weekend - Center Hill Lake near Edgar Evins State Park. The photo below is of the Caney Fork River downstream of the Center Hill Dam. Click here for more photos.

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Mae said...

sounds like a fun summer!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Lynda S said...

What an exciting life you are leading in Tennessee. You have inspired me to try to do more in Georgia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home