Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day 128: Wrapping up my broken leg bucket list

I've passed the 4-month mark and have gotten behind in updating my progress, so I thought I would take the last day in October and do an epic catch up post. Here are a few things that I got to cross off my broken leg bucket list....

I was able to make good use of my cupholder Chris graciously attached to my walker. It was a brave new world of learning about walker accessories, I am sure the knowledge will come in handy again someday.

My coworker spent many mornings getting me cups of coffee for which I will forever be grateful. Making my own coffee at work was a big step.

I posted the crepe myrtle beginning to flower so I wanted to follow up with a late summer photo.

We made it out the the Stillhouse restaurant in Cannon County. It was tricky navigating the gravel parking lot but the views were very relaxing.

Porch time was the highlight of my week and in this picture I am sitting on the metal glider instead of my usual swivel chair a foot from the door. Made it to the other side of the porch!

I was able to vote at the voting location across the street for our new ground-breaking mayor, Megan Barry.

When Mae came to help me she brought me a salad one day from Avo, that you can walk to from our house. It was fun to be able to go check it out for myself!

I was happy to make it out to Musician's Corner with our friends Steve and Cindy. Handicapped parking at the music festival was the best deal in the house.

Our friend Kara invited us to go to Live on the Green and it was a blast. However there was no ramp to the VIP area so a random stranger had to help Chris lift my wheelchair up a set of stairs. Lame! I used my wheelchair because it was a little hard going long distances with the walker and I wasn't sure how long we would have walk.

We got to check out a new-ish brewery in town, Little Harpeth. Loved the views of the skyline and the backyard brickyard, as they call it.

I was afraid I would have to miss this exhibit but we made it, and it was a fantastic exhibit. 

Graduating to wearing shoes was the biggest step up in the last month. The transition let me walk more normally and build up the muscles I couldn't use when I was wearing the boot.

Finally the best thing ever was also graduating to a cane. Within two weeks I was able to walk without the cane and it felt amazing to feel more normal.

We got to check out the United Record Pressing factory in Nashville. An iconic place!
Making it out to the backyard again was a psychological challenge because that was where I broke my leg. Having a fire was a good way to celebrate being in the backyard again.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Mae said...

looks arduous, glad you are past all of these points!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home