Thursday, September 07, 2006

Pay-ru! Pay-ru!


For what is probably the last of my soccer-theme posts, I went to a Peru-Ecuador friendly match at Giants Stadium last night. It was great fun. There were 20,000 people there decked out in yellow Ecuador jerseys and white-and-red Peru jerseys, and they all seemed to actually be from the countries since they all knew the national anthems.

The soccer was pretty good, Ecuador brought several players from their World Cup-qualifying team. Here is a game description.

I was rooting for Peru in honor of our long ago host-teacher Freddy. Hi Freddy, wherever you are! But the game ended in a 1-1 tie.

Who knows when I will ever have the chance to see two countries like that play each other again, so it was worth it, but I didn't get home til midnight and since I wake up at 5 to go to work, I am totally sick today. Price to pay!

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Mae, you do so much fun stuff! I guess that is the point of living in NYC.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Lynda S said...

Mae, I am glad you were rooting for Peru since we know so many people from there. I haven't heard from Freddy in a long time. I hope he is well. See you soon in the UK. MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home