Thursday, March 29, 2007

Seeking Portugal tips!


I'm going to Portugal for vacation in May, Lisbon and a day trip to a city elsewhere (Cintra has been highly recommended). Has anyone ever been there? Any suggestions? I myself am looking forward to the seafood, the coffee, the pastries, exploring and relaxing for a few days!

4 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger John E. said...

All I remember from my trip to Brazil is the greeting "Todo bem?"
(pronounced "toodoo bang")-- is everything ok? You can respond "todo boa" (toodoo bon).
And of course "boa viaje"...
Dad

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Daniela said...

oh BOY, have you opened the pandora's box asking for advice about Portugal!!!! My favorite place in the whole world- Portugal!!!!! I have probably too many suggestions to put in a comment!!! Sintra is a great place for a day trip out of Lisboa. Evora is slightly farther away- would necessitate an overnight visit but also well worth it. I think I should email you...now, do I have your email? No. Shall I just email Ingrid and have her forward it?

And John E. is right with the Todo bem and todo bom response. If you want to be very local you can just say "Todo" in response. And don't forget to be very nasal on the bem and bom words- mainland Portuguese very nasal (my teacher used to have us hold our noses while speaking!)

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Hi Daniela, I just saw your comment and got the email, and it has been forwarded to Mae! Let me know if you don't get it, Mae. Thanks a lot, Daniela!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Mae said...

thanks daniela, great suggestions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home