Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's Job Time

Job hunting has been quite an experience for me over the past five weeks. Even though it's been a steep learning curve for me, I'm really glad that I've had time to get experience writing the resume, cover letters and gotten interview experience in the month and a half since leaving academia. Two great resources have been the Carleton College career center website which is open to all alumni (unlike the IU career center), and Ivy Tech Community college here in Bloomington, through which I've basically gotten a introduction to the biopharmaceutical industry (during an 8 week class).

As Mae posted, this week I got my first temporary (3 month) job in the industry as a tech writer here in Bloomington and I start on Monday! Any job advice is appreciated, wish me luck, and I'll keep you posted.

4 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Mae said...

yay!! enjoy this brief period of happiness before your soul is sucked out through the flourescent lights of your cubicle!. eh, just kidding. im not bitter...

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Eeeek!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Daniela said...

Good luck!!!!

and RESIST the soul suckers.

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ingrid! Let us know how it goes. -Mandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home