Sunday, October 21, 2007

October in Bloomington

The trees are peaking this week in Bloomington. This is the view from our back porch into the woods.

Chris and I went to a pumpkin carving lab get-together last night, and this is the result. We also made apple-pear crisps with pecan and bacon topping, from our new cookbook "Everything Tastes Better with Bacon." It was nice to see the lab again!

My first week of work went pretty well. As I commented in the post below, "I have great coworkers and the job is really interesting, involving both and investigative aspect and a writing-up aspect. My two coworkers, who are training me, have alternative approaches: One throws me in the lake to see if I can swim, and the other explains the logic behind everything. It's a good mix!" I'll keep you posted on how the 2nd week goes.

3 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Jorge said...

I'm glad work has started well for you, Ingrid.
Nice carving job. The pumpkin never saw you coming :)

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Mae said...

cool pumpkin!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Daniela said...

I miss the lab. Well, okay, I miss lab parties and all the people! :) Nice pumpkin. Glad your first week went well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home