Earlier this year Joel and I read different books about the Civil War/Lincoln and had some good discussions. So we decided to buy "No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt: The Home Front in World War II" by Doris Kearns Goodwin and take turns reading chapters and have our own book club (now that's nerdy, Mae). Unfortunately, we found it heavy going and kept deserting it in favor of other books. It has sat around with two bookmarks in it for months and we just decided to formally give it up. I think the Allies won...
Hi Teresa...yeah, I took Moby Dick to read on the Canadian trip and I think I'm going to give up on it. I like the language in 'The Haunted Looking Glass' much better. I'm no longer the reader I was back in the day!
Ingrid, You read enough from age 7 to last you a lifetime so any reading you do now is just icing on the cake. I'm too impressionable to read scary books. I would never be able to look at another mirror again. Just thinking about the title gives me the shivers.
5 Comments:
Boy oh boy, that sibling rivalry stuff is coming out now!
Earlier this year Joel and I read different books about the Civil War/Lincoln and had some good discussions. So we decided to buy "No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt: The Home Front in World War II" by Doris Kearns Goodwin and take turns reading chapters and have our own book club (now that's nerdy, Mae). Unfortunately, we found it heavy going and kept deserting it in favor of other books. It has sat around with two bookmarks in it for months and we just decided to formally give it up. I think the Allies won...
Hi Teresa...yeah, I took Moby Dick to read on the Canadian trip and I think I'm going to give up on it. I like the language in 'The Haunted Looking Glass' much better. I'm no longer the reader I was back in the day!
Ingrid, You read enough from age 7 to last you a lifetime so any reading you do now is just icing on the cake. I'm too impressionable to read scary books. I would never be able to look at another mirror again. Just thinking about the title gives me the shivers.
I just had an idea. Let's start a family book blog club. Anyone have any recommendations for our first read? (Please, no scary stuff!)
Post a Comment
<< Home