Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Winter dishes

Inspired by some recent food blogging over at The Menagerie and crafts/politics/hip-hop, I decided to food-blog this evening too. Chris and I are trying out our new Bacon cookbook, and previously we made an apple-pear crisp with bacon and pecan topping (yum!). Tonight we made Roasted Onion and Bacon with an Herbs de Provence and Maple Syrup Vinaigrette topping (pictured above). The onions stole the show, which I never thought I would say about a bacon dish. We had the dish with grilled bbq chicken and the rest of the tomatos from Jen's donated harvest. Happy Halloween tomorrow, everyone!

3 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger John E. said...

A bacon cookbook?...Now I'm really starting to look forward to our Thanksgiving trip to Bloomington...

Dad

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Mae said...

YUMMMM

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

a bacon cookbook!? that sounds fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home